YMCA in South Charlotte
When it comes to an exceptional YMCA experience, I’ve got to believe that the YMCAs in South Charlotte are second to none! I moved to Charlotte, NC from the Washington, DC area, and trust me, the YMCAs there were nothing to write home about! I was reluctant to even check out the YMCAs in South Charlotte because of that previous experience, but now I am a BELIEVER! The YMCAs in South Charlotte offer an incredible lifestyle experience – new, state-of-the-art facilities, a wide array of classes and activities, and a welcoming staff that create an inviting atmosphere. I have a few great South Charlotte YMCAs to talk about:
My family belongs to the Siskey Family YMCA, located at 3127 Weddington RD, Matthews, NC. I live in nearby Providence Plantation, and I can WALK to this awesome YMCA! Opened in 1996, the Siskey Family YMCA offers the following at its facility:
- 6 lane indoor pool
- Outdoor water park and lap pool
- Flexibility studio for students of Yoga and Pilates
- Fitness center with strength and cardio equipment
- Free weight room
- Family fitness room
- Genesis Center – a small fitness area that works well with beginners
- Twin court gymnasium
- Indoor and outdoor track
- Sports fields
- 2 group exercise studios
- Adult and family locker rooms (adult locker rooms with steam and sauna)
- Children’s center for child care
- Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) Wellness Center with a full-time nurse
- Youth center with a game room and fitness center
The Siskey YMCA offers a wide variety of classes and sports activities for the whole family. Kids can enjoy sports and recreation, camp and lots of social activities such as SNS, or Saturday Night at the Siskey, which is an awesome social event for 6-8th graders on the first Saturday night of the month. 4th and 5th grade Fun Night occurs on the 2nd Saturday night of the month. These events offer a safe and wholesome opportunity for youth to come together and socialize, play ball and have fun!
Siskey Family YMCA hours are:
- Monday – Friday 5:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Saturday – 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sunday – 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
The Morrison Family YMCA is located in the heart of Ballantyne, at 9405 Bryant Farms RD, Charlotte, NC 28277. This YMCA has similar facility offerings as the Siskey YMCA. Here is a sampling of activities at the Morrison YMCA:
- Youth: camps, birthday parties, teen activities, clubs, art, dance, tutoring, kids CPR, theatreAdults
- Youth sports: flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, martial arts, cheerleading, T-ball
- Adults: group fitness classes, healthy lifestyles, water activities, boxing, cancer wellness, cooking classes, CrossFit, Dance, health coaching,martial arts, massage, metabolic testing, nutrition, personal training, yoga and pilates, running/training, and a variety of sports
Morrison Family YMCA hours are:
- Monday – Thursday 5:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Friday – 5:00 am – 9:30 pm
- Saturday – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday – 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Other South Charlotte YMCAs
There are several other South Charlotte YMCAs for you to check out. They offer similar facilities and activities. Find a South Charlotte YMCA that suits your family’s lifestyle and join in! When you join the YMCA in Charlotte, you’ll have access to full use of 19 locations in Mecklenburg, Union, Lincoln, Iredell Counties, including access to all of our outdoor pools and waterparks in addition to the lakefront at the Lake Norman YMCA.
There are NO initiation fees! Find the program level that suits your family and take off!
South Charlotte Real Estate Expert
Buying or selling real estate in South Charlotte NC is really about lifestyle choices – finding the best neighborhood, home, school, and location to fit your family’s lifestyle. That’s why it’s important to partner with a Realtor® who will really listen to your needs and goals and who will work tirelessly until your transaction is complete and beyond. Whether you are thinking about selling your South Charlotte home, or would like to buy a home in South Charlotte, I look forward to showing you why I’m not your ordinary Realtor! I use cutting-edge technology to market my listings and to attract home buyers who want that South Charlotte lifestyle!
Originally posted at: YMCA'S in South Charlotte - Check it Out! at www.SouthCharlotteLifestyle.com Copyright©2012 by Melissa Brown, All Rights Reserved, “YMCA in South Charlotte NC."