Top 10 Blog Posts in 2011 for South Charlotte NC Realtor
As we begin the 2012 New Year, it's fun to look back on 2011 and see which of my What's Shakin' in Charlotte?" blog posts generated the most interest. Obviously, I like to write about the real estate market in South Charlotte NC, but the statistics show that my readers gravitate towards Localism posts that highlight a special area, a photo, or feel-good stories.
I love looking back over the past year and seeing which of my posts attracted the most readers. That way, I can tailor my future posts to topics that are of the most interest to my readers.
So Thank You, Dear Readers, for hanging with me through 2011. I have resolved to spend more time blogging because I really enjoy it, but also have generated a large proportion of my business from it.
Below is a list of the Top 10 Blog Posts for "What's Shakin' in Charlotte" for 2011! These statistics are based on the number of "click throughs." I hope you enjoy it!
10. Homes for Sale in Ardrey Kell High School District - This post describes the incredible success of the new Ardrey Kell High School in the Ballantyne area of South Charlotte. Lots of families are interested in finding homes for sale in great school districts, and Ardrey Kell High School is certainly a great South Charlotte high school!
9. Youth Sports in South Charlotte - Matthews Athletic and Recreation Association (MARA) - This post was near and dear to my heart, as I was writing about an awesome sports complex near my home, where all of my children played organized sports. I just can't put into words how wonderful the memories are of our "sports adventures" at MARA!
8. Best Charlotte Public Schools - South Charlotte Schools Top CMS and State Test Scores - This subject is near and dear to my heart! I am so proud that South Charlotte public schools have scored so highly and are leading the pack in Charlotte, NC!
7. Fear of Heights? Don't Look at These Photos! - Maybe my title had something to do with it, but this post of photos generated so much interest! These lunatics professional steeple cleaners kept my husband from working for 2 days as he watched them clean the steeple of a nearby church. The height of the job is mind-blowing - could you do it?
6. Charlotte NC Chosen for 2012 Democratic National Convention - I was SO excited to hear that Charlotte NC would host the 2012 Democratic National Convention! I want the world to see how SPECIAL Charlotte NC is!
5. The Levine Jewish Community Center in Charlotte NC - Fun and Fitness for the Whole Family! - Charlotte is so fortunate to have the investments of the Levine family! The Levine Jewish Community Center is AWESOME! Come and check it out yourself!
4. Providence Spring Elementary School - Top-Ranked Public School in Charlotte NC! - This post drew a TON of interest from families interested in buying a home in Charlotte with the best public schools. Two of my three kids went to Providence Spring Elementary and I'm here to tell you that the school is fantastic!
3. Mecklenburg County Tax Revaluation 2011 - What You Should Know - Properties in Mecklenburg County were subjected to a value reassessment last February - the first revaluation since 2003! Lots of homeowners were UPSET at their new property values. I tried to give my readers the information they needed.
2. My 10 Seconds of Fame on NBC News - Using QR Codes in Real Estate - I was shocked at the interest this post generated! Somehow, I lucked out and got interviewd on NBC News about my use of QR codes in my real estate marketing. My 15 minute interview got condensed to about 10 seconds - but I made it, baby!
And...DRUM ROLL...My Number 1 Blog Post in 2011 was:
1. An International Blogging Success Story - Who would have thought? I posted this blog about my dear clients, the Muthukumar Family from Canada, after they found my blog posts on Providence High School in South Charlotte NC. In just 6 weeks, I went from meeting this extraordinary family to sitting at the closing table for their Charlotte home purchase. All because of my ActiveRain blog!
Thank you to everyone who clicked on my blog posts throughout 2011. If there are topics you would like to see me write about, please let me know!!!