Providence High School Registration Fall 2010 - Charlotte NC 28270
It's that time of year again...time to get your kids ready to GO BACK TO SCHOOL! Fall 2010 registration information is below.
Providence High School in Charlotte, NC starts on August 25, 2010, so take advantage of North Carolina's Tax Free Weekend (August 6 - August 8, 2010) and go out and buy your school supplies for the 2010 - 2011 Providence High School year!
I've had 2 kids graduate from Providence High School in Charlotte NC, and my third child will be a freshman there this Fall! Providence High School is a NC Honor School of Excellence with High Growth, and is one of the top-rated high schools in North Carolina, with a rigorous academic program, competitive athletics, a wide variety of AP and Honors classes to choose from, and a very active program of clubs and extracurricular activities! Last year, Providence High School had its BEST academic year ever, with 96.9% of the students scoring on grade level and demonstrating high growth. Over $9 million in scholarships were awarded to graduating seniors, who were accepted to colleges in 48 States and in Canada.
Here is some Fall 2010 registration information for Providence High School:
- August 9, 2010 - Seniors with a 2.5 GPA or above can apply for a parking permit (8:00 -9:00 a.m for 3.5+ GPA, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. for3.0 -3.49 GPA, and 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. for 2.5 to 2.9 GPA)
- August 10, 2010 - Juniors with a 2.5 GPA or above can apply for a parking permit (same times and GPA requirements as above)
- August 12, 2010 - 6:30 p.m. Mandatory Fall Sports Meeting in the auditorium. At least one parent or guardian for each Fall athlete must attend.
- August 16, 2010 - PTSO sends out “Parent Packs” with important beginning of school forms and information. Please review and return.
- August 20, 2010 - 9:00 -12:00 - Providence High School campus beautification day.
- August 23, 2010 - Student schedules will be available on Parent Assistant. If you don't currently have a Parent Assistant account (allows parents to monitor their students' academic progress throughout the year), please click here.
- August 23, 2010 - 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Open House for rising 9th graders. This is a great time for your (perhaps) nervous freshman to walk the school, find classrooms, meet some teachers, and get the lay of the land! Club representatives will be on hand to welcome you!
- August 25, 2010 - First day of school! Classes start bright and early, at 7:15 a.m. :(
- Parking Permits - Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of over 2.5 will be allowed to apply for a parking permit. August 9th for qualifying seniors, and August 10 for qualifying juniors. Click here for the parking permit application.
- If you are new to Charlotte, and your student needs to register for Providence High School, click here for Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) registration information.
- AP English Summer Reading (there's still time to get this done!. 11th grade AP English students are required to read In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote and Eats, Shoots, Leaves by Lynne Truss. Senior AP students are required to read The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood, Othello by William Shakespeare, and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, by Alexander Solzhenitsyn. Students need to bring all books to the first class and be prepared for essays, assessments and class projects. (whew!)
- If you are new to Providence High School registration, click here to sign up for PHS Mews and to link your Harris Teeter VIC card to Providence High School. The PHS Mews is the PTSO e-newsletter, full of information for parents and students.
Providence High School Registration Fall 2010
Tracey Harrill, Principal
1800 Pineville Matthews Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
980-343-5390 (office) 980-343-3956 (FAX)
School Website: http://pages.cms.k12.nc.us/providence/