Providence High School Charlotte NC Zone Real Estate Market Report 2012
There’s nothing like looking at data to try to discover a trend…I’m not a statistician, but I can look at the real estate market data for the Providence High School area for the last 10 years and see that home buyers in Charlotte highly value buying a home for sale in the Providence High School zone of South Charlotte NC. Take a look at my graph below. You will see that home sales near Providence High School in Charlotte averaged a sales price of $339,394 in 2012, just slightly off the sales prices in 2009 – which is when the housing/mortgage crisis really hit the South Charlotte area. Actually, the 2012 real estate sales in this zone finished stronger than this average, but this graph represents the whole year. While most areas in Charlotte marked a continued decline in sales prices each year since the peak year of 2007, the Providence High School area real estate market remained relatively strong.
Providence High School Real Estate Market Data for 2012
Here’s what you need to know about the 2012 real estate market for the Providence High School zone:
- The average sales price in 2012 was $339,394, a 1.8%% decrease from 2011. Sales prices increased in the latter part of 2012, but the average for the entire 2012 year was $339,394.
- 425 homes were sold in the Providence High School zone in 2012, an increase of 19.38% from 2011.
- The average price/square foot in this area in 2012 was $109/SF, up from $108/SF in 2011.
- Sellers in the Providence High School zone received an average of 96% of their asking price in 2012.
- 2012 sales prices in this school zone ranged from a low of $105,000 to a high of $1.4 million.
- The most homes were sold in the months of June and August (57 homes each month), with the third highest month being May (51 homes sold). The fewest number of homes sold was December, with just 14 homes sold.
- The highest average sales price was achieved in the month of November ($380,922); August was the second highest average sales price month at $371,008.
- Currently, there are 128 homes for sale in the Providence High School district, ranging in price from $147,500 to $2,395,000.
- 76 homes are currently under contract, ranging from $130,000 to $789,000.
Inventory of Homes in Providence High School Zone
The number of homes for sale in the Providence High School zone is at its lowest point in a long time. The 6-month absorption rate, which measures inventory, is just 3.61 months of inventory. A balanced market between buyers and sellers is considered to be 6 months of inventory. At the current 3.61 month absorption rate, the scales are tipped towards sellers. Absorption rate measures how long it would take to sell off ALL of the current inventory, assuming no new homes some on the market. This is good news for sellers (less competition), and bad news for buyers (less homes to choose from and more competition from other buyers).
My Favorite Neighborhoods Zoned for Providence High School
There’s lots of neighborhoods zoned for Providence High School, ranging from affordable starter homes to luxury estate homes. Here are some of my favorite neighborhoods, and I would be happy to give your more information on any of them:
- Providence Plantation
- Beverly Crest
- Deerfield Creek
- Providence Manor
- Providence Arbours
- St. George Place
- Lost Tree
- Reverdy End
- Elizabeth Place
- Mallory Manor
- Sardis Plantation
- Quail Acres
- Benton Woods
- Settlers Landing
Providence High School Zone Real Estate Market Expert
If you are interested in buying a home for sale in Charlotte’s top-ranked high school zone, Providence High School, please contact me. I live in this area, and all three of my kids have graduated from or are attending Providence High School. This is a wonderful area to call home – plenty of beautiful homes in a wide variety of price ranges and styles. There’s lots to do around Providence High School, with tons of shopping and dining options, and sports and recreational opportunities galore.
If you live in the Providence High School area, and are considering listing your South Charlotte home for sale, I’d love to talk to you about my extensive marketing plan that will get your home SEEN and SOLD. I offer staging tips (interior/exterior) and a thorough comparative market analysis to helps you determine where to price/position your home in today’s market. I’ve got lots of happy sellers you can talk to! Call or text me at 704-654-9700, or email me. I look forward to talking about your needs and goals!
Providence High School Attendance Zone Location
View Providence High School Attendance Zone in a larger map