Providence High School Charlotte NC – Best High School in Charlotte!
The results are in for the 2011-2012 academic year, and once again, Providence High School in Charlotte NC out-performed other Charlotte region high schools. There are many contributing factors to a school’s greatness, and many Charlotte area high schools are performing at a high level. However,Providence High School in South Charlotte, NC appears to be at the top.
Since it opened in 1989, Providence High School Charlotte NC has maintained a steady focus on academics and college preparation. PHS has been named an Honor School of Excellence with High Growth for the 4th consecutive year. Charlotte Magazine has ranked Providence the top-performing high school in Charlotte in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Newsweek has ranked PHS #186 out of 500 top-performing schools in the United States (highest ranking school in Charlotte-Mecklenburg (CMS) schools.
The faculty and staff at Providence High School in Charlotte, NC are quite accomplished, and help ensure that it is the best high school in Charlotte! Over 21% of the teachers are National Board Certified, and over 68% of the teachers have over 10 years of experience. 52% of PHS’s certified staff have a master’s degree or higher.
I’d also like to mention the strong parental support for Providence High School. This school enjoys support from a very active PTSO. The PTSA raised $45,000 for the Capital Campaign, which provides funding for new technology and other needs to keep the school performing at the highest level.
Providence High School Academic Accomplishments in 2011-2012
The Providence High School class of 2012 has LOTS to brag about. Consider this:
- Graduates have earned admission into 178 different colleges and universities in 20 states and 3 countries
- Providence graduates earned the highest number of scholarships (324) in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school system this year
- The class of 2012 earned scholarships exceeding $12,610,000 (at last count)
- 77% of the graduating class will attend a 4 year college or university; 19% will go to community college; and 4% have committed to military service or will enter the job force
- 7 Providence seniors were National Merit Scholarship finalists
Other Providence High School Charlotte NC accomplishments include:
- For the 3rd consecutive year, the PHS marching band won the premiere competition in the state – The Band Beat
- Providence was inducted into the Hall of Fame for the National Scholastic Press Association for having 10 consecutive years of the highest scores and awards.
- Providence’s Literary Magazine was one of 12 NSPA Pacemaker finalists in the country
- Music soars at Providence: The Wind Ensemble, String Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra again won the highest ratings at competition
- The PHS NJROTC was awarded the Most Improved Unit and placed 3rd in their first ever National Drill competition
- The PHS Latin Club placed 2nd at the State Convention at UNC-Chapel Hill
- The German Club at Providence High School was designated as a PASCH Schule, the first school in NC to be chosen
Providence High School Sports Accomplishments in 2011-2012
Providence offers 21 sports and 2 club sports. The campus provides a football stadium, baseball stadium, tennis courts, and a gymnasium with a pool. Here are the accomplishments of the Providence Panthers this past school year:
- State championship in Men’s Swimming
- State championship in Volleyball
- Regional champion in Volleyball and Men’s Swimming
- Regional finalist is Women’s Soccer
- Conference champions in Baseball, Men’s Tennis, Women’s Tennis, Volleyball and Men’s Swimming
Homes for Sale in the Providence High School District
Because of Providence High School’s stellar academic performance, many families choose to buy a home for sale in the Providence High School area. These families want the best public education for their children. Homes for sale in the Providence High School area range from just under $150,000 to over $2 million. The real estate market in the Providence High School area remains strong! It’s a great area to live in – South Charlotte! You’ll be within about 30 minutes of just about anywhere you need to be – Uptown, Southpark, airport, etc. There’s plenty of shopping, fine and casual dining, and tons of recreational activities.
Call me with any questions you may have about Providence High School of the South Charlotte area in general. You’ll soon find out why Providence High School in Charlotte NC is one of the Best High Schools in Charlotte!